Dr John Bain
Dr John Bain practices natural family dentistry in Farmington just a little over 3 miles from the University of Arkansas campus in Fayetteville. Our state-of-the-art office has many comforts including a garden view from every treatment room, paintings by his mother- gifted artist Jo Bain, and photographs Dr Bain has done.
Our low-radiation high-detail digital x-rays give excellent information with only around 10% of the radiation of regular x-rays.
Dr Bain is at the forefront nationwide of providing Mercury-Safe dentistry. While we have been Mercury-Free since the early 1990’s, being Mercury-Safe adds immensely to the health of our patients, staff, and the environment. Quite some time ago we added several measures for safety including a mercury vapor scavenger and a mercury-amalgam separator.
(Note: The term “mercury-free” simply means not doing mercury amalgam fillings. “Mercury-Safe” means protecting against mercury vapor inhalation, mercury absorption, and mercury ingestion plus keeping mercury out of the environment when removing mercury fillings.)
Dr Bain has been known as a leader in dentistry. Some of his affiliations and accomplishments include:
- Charter Member of the International Association of Mercury-Safe Dentists (IAMSD)
- Member of the International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Founding Member of the Academy of Interdisciplinary Dentofacial Therapy (AIDT)
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Missouri at Kansas City-School of Dentistry
- Developed the General Dentist Implant Restoration Training Module for Biomet 3i (Implant Innovations Incorporated) in 2004
- Voted “Best Dentist Northwest Arkansas” by the readers of CitiScapes Metro Monthly 2007 (without a single solicitation for votes and without any of our dental team voting!)
- Lectured on implant dentistry in 2004 and 2005 in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Dallas, Detroit, Oklahoma City, Nashville, etc.
- Completed “Solving Masticatory System Problems” at the Center For Advanced Dental Studies (In St. Petersburg, FL given by Dr. Peter Dawson and associates)
- Completed a mini-residency in Implant Dentistry in Yorba Linda, California with Nobel Biocare.
- “Young Dentist Of The Year” Award- Arkansas State Dental Association 1990
- Past Executive Council Member of the Arkansas State Dental Association (5 years)
- Dr Bain was among the first dentists in the nation to start purifying dental unit water lines (for patient safety) before there were any requirements to do so back in 1999.
- Dr Bain was mentored by his father, Dr. Calvin Bain, respected dentist and Past-President of the Arkansas State Dental Association.