Dr. John Bain
Dr Bain’s office innovations for Covid-19 Safety have garnered praise from dentists across the nation. In August of 2020, he lectured to 65 dentists from across the US and Canada about how to create the safest possible treatment environment for both patients and the dental team. Dentistry’s leaders from the East Coast to St Petersburg Florida to Provo Utah have recognized Dr Bain’s accomplishments in making dentistry safe for everyone involved. By utilizing directional airflow control, HEPA vacuum scavengers, HEPA air filters, etc., multiple layers of protection are in place.
Dr. John Bain practices natural family dentistry in Farmington just a little over 3 miles from the University of Arkansas campus in Fayetteville. Our state-of-the-art office has many comforts including a garden view from every treatment room, paintings by his mother- gifted artist Jo Bain, and photographs Dr Bain has done.
Our low-radiation high-detail digital x-rays give excellent information with only around 10% of the radiation of regular x-rays.
Dr Bain is at the forefront nationwide of providing Mercury-Safe dentistry. While we have been Mercury-Free since the early 1990’s, being Mercury-Safe adds immensely to the health of our patients, staff, and the environment. Quite some time ago we added several measures for safety including a mercury vapor scavenger and a mercury-amalgam separator.
(Note: The term “mercury-free” simply means not doing mercury amalgam fillings. “Mercury-Safe” means protecting against mercury vapor inhalation, mercury absorption, and mercury ingestion plus keeping mercury out of the environment when removing mercury fillings.)
Dr Bain has been known as a leader in dentistry. Some of his affiliations and accomplishments include:
- Lectured to dentists from across the nation on Covid-19 Safe Dentistry practices.
- Charter Member of the International Association of Mercury-Safe Dentists (IAMSD)
- Member of the International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Founding Member of the Academy of Interdisciplinary Dentofacial Therapy (AIDT)
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Missouri at Kansas City-School of Dentistry
- Developed the General Dentist Implant Restoration Training Module for Biomet 3i (Implant Innovations Incorporated) in 2004
- Voted “Best Dentist Northwest Arkansas” by the readers of CitiScapes Metro Monthly 2007 (without a single solicitation for votes and without any of our dental team voting!)
- Lectured on implant dentistry in 2004 and 2005 in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Dallas, Detroit, Oklahoma City, Nashville, etc.
- Completed “Solving Masticatory System Problems” at the Center For Advanced Dental Studies (In St. Petersburg, FL given by Dr. Peter Dawson and associates)
- Completed a mini-residency in Implant Dentistry in Yorba Linda, California with Nobel Biocare.
- “Young Dentist Of The Year” Award- Arkansas State Dental Association 1990
- Past Executive Council Member of the Arkansas State Dental Association (5 years)
- Dr Bain was among the first dentists in the nation to start purifying dental unit water lines (for patient safety) before there were any requirements to do so back in 1999.
- Dr Bain was mentored by his father, Dr. Calvin Bain, respected dentist and Past-President of the Arkansas State Dental Association.